It does sound a bit odd, but I’m in the process of moving all the regular monitoring I do to scheduled tasks, and this particular one caused me headaches all afternoon.
I have a script that I run that will update the DPM VolumeSizing spreadsheet that Microsoft put together for System Center Data Protection Manager. It’s a great tool, if you’ve not looked at it and are running DPM you should check it out!
The problem I had was I scheduled this to run as my account and it worked just fine. As soon as I configured this to run as a service account, the script would go, but nothing with Excel worked. I found several threads on Google that mention as much.
I finally found a very nice thread on Technet, the answer is from a user named JensKalski who recommends creating a desktop folder under systemprofile. I have read this before and it escapes me now where I saw this, but as soon as I created this folder on my server, I got the printout!
YAY! Thanks Jens!