There are several methods of converting an existing RIS Server to WDS but the easiest seems to be upgrading to Windows Server 2003 SP 2. If SP 2 is already installed all you need do is choose WDS from the Add Windows Components section of Add/Remove Programs.
Existing RIS Server needs to be converted to WDS, Windows Server 2003 installed with no service packs. Active Directory is installed and configured, RIS is authorized in AD, a DNS and DHCP server are available on the network.
- Download and install Windows Server 2003 SP 2
- After reboot open the “Windows Deployment Services” MMC
- Choose “Add Server” from the Action menu
- Select your server
- With your server selected choose, “Configure Server” from the Action menu
- Select your remote installation directory
- Choose the method to which WDS will respond to clients